Week 3: Value Creation Strategy B: Revaluation of Existing Markets
Last week we explored the development of new metropolitan markets. This week, we will focus on the concept of opening existing markets based on cooperation of existing partnerships. The webcast presentation will not only introduce detailed examples of this model, but will also introduce the concept of transforming metropolitan values into assets.
Weekly Webcast: The live webcast for this week will be held on Monday, March 26, 2012. The webcast will be recorded if you are unable to attend the live session. Details for attending the webcast, including links to the video clips which will be shown in the presentation, are below in the Webcast Details section.
Reading: Part 2 | Chapters 6 & 7 (pages 122-147) ofSustainable Agricultural Entrepreneurship.
Discussion Forum: Each week you will be asked to answer a question in a discussion forum based on the webcast. Click HERE to go to the forum for this week or click on the Forum link at the top of the page. To submit your answer to the question select “Add a New Topic” option. Week Two Discussion Question: How would you describe the difference(s) between the innovation strategies New Market Development and Revaluation? Compare and contrast week 2 and week 3 projects from the webinar.
Webcast Title: Sustainable Re-valuation
Webcast Speaker: Dr. Henk C. van Latesteijn
Link to Recorded Webcast: Sustainable Re-valuation
PDF Version of Webcast Presentation: Week 3 Presentation
Links to Video Clips:
Week Three Resources
- Review Article: Transforum system innovation towards sustainable food. A review
- Report on Animal Welfare: The Rondeel, results of behavior and welfare first layers (Note: This article is in Dutch but can be translated into English using Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/)
- Web site: PaperFoam (the company that developed the packaging material for the Rondeel eggs)
- Newspaper Article: A news clip from the UK that reveals bringing a new egg to the market is not easy at all. Under EU regulations the eggs have to be stamped with the same code as barn eggs: Rondeel eyes Compassion in World Farming link to launch new egg range in UK
- Video: The Sustainable Food Chain
- Video: Laying Hen Husbandry